Attractions at the Kansas City Zoo
Whether you’re bringing the kids, are out for a date, or just need to get away, the Kansas City Zoo offers an incredible array of animals and exhibits, as well as a variety of unique events and activities. Learn more about the animals at the zoo, Kansas City Zoo events, and how much it costs to attend the zoo.
Kansas City Zoo Animals
At Kansas City Zoo, folks in Independence have the opportunity to see an incredible range of animals and exhibits, including hundreds of different species. Here are just a few:
- African elephant
- African lion
- California sea lion
- Eastern black rhinoceros
- Grant’s zebra
- Masai giraffe
- Burmese python
- Slender-snouted crocodile
- Bornean orangutan
Kansas City Zoo Events
There are lots of upcoming events this summer at the Kansas City Zoo, including these highlights:
- Red White & Zoo (June 30-July 1, July 4) – All active and retired military members get free admission to the zoo, and their members get $1 off their admission.
- Cheetah Run (July 7-8, July 21-22 ) – Cheetahs are the fastest land animals on the planet, capable of reaching speeds over 60 mph. Watch them get some exercise and zip up to speed at the Cheetah Run!
- Zootastik Learning Fest – All About Zookeepers (July 14-15) – If you or your child has ever thought about what it might be like to be a zookeeper, then come to this educational event to learn all about it!
Kansas City Zoo Prices & Hours
- Adults ages 12 and older – $16.00
- Seniors ages 55 and older – $15.00
- Children ages 3-11 – $13.00
- Children ages 2 and under – FREE
- Weekdays – 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Weekdends – 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Count on Eddy’s Mazda of Lee’s Summit for Kansas City Events and Premium Cars
The staff at Lee’s Mazda of Lee’s Summit is happy to help you find fun activities in and around Kansas City with our blog, as well as learn more about Independence and its history involving Harry S. Truman. If you need a new ride to get you and your family to the zoo, then check out our Mazda comparison guide as well!
Latest Community Tips
This Valentine’s Day, take your date to an exciting new restaurant in town, visit the Old Red Bridge to attach a “love lock” to it, or participate in Valentine’s Day activities at the Kansas City Zoo! There’s plenty going on nearby so be sure to check out the possibilities and make this a Valentine’s Day…
If, like most of us you’re working with a tight budget, but still want to get out and enjoy yourself once in a while, have we got news for you! We’ve assembled six of the best free activities you can enjoy in Kansas City and the Kansas City area today, no matter what your interests. Read…
The winter weather is coming fast, which could make driving from Kansas City to Independence or in the Overland Park area difficult, or even dangerous. Use our tips for driving in snow and ice to keep you and yours safe when you take your Mazda — equipped with i-ACTIV AWD® — out on the road this cold season….