What is SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY?
The new Mazda lineup saves you money at the pump in Kansas City — while also providing you with a dynamic, fun-to-drive performance experience — thanks to SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY.
How does SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY Work?
Mazda SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY enhances the fuel delivery system in a way that boosts performance while conserving more fuel. Through Mazda engineering, this technology improves compression ratios and compresses more of the fuel-air mixture than competitors’ engines.
What is SKYACTIV®-VEHICLE DYNAMICS with G-Vectoring Control?
SKYACTIV®-VEHICLE DYNAMICS with G-Vectoring Control is a state-of-the-art performance system that helps improve steering and handling when cornering in a variety of ways.
- Reduces the amount of engine torque being sent to the wheels and redistributing weight to the front wheels at the beginning of a turn.
- Detects driving behavior and delivering torque where it’s needed most in the middle of a turn.
- Recovers torque and sending weight to the rear wheels at the end of the turn.
The result is a responsive, fun, and stable driving experience — even when you’re cruising with some speed in the Independence area.
Transmissions with SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY
Mazda offers two different transmissions with SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY:
- SKYACTIV®-Drive 6-Speed Automatic: This smooth-shifting transmission utilizes an advanced control model to help provide strong acceleration, precise gear shifts, and superior fuel economy.
- SKYACTIV®-MT 6-Speed Manual: This short-throw 6-speed manual transmission is modeled after the one on the MX-5 Miata and provides sports car enthusiasts with more thrills behind the wheel.
Test Drive a New Mazda with SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY Near Kansas CIty
Make your way from Overland Park to check out all the new Mazda models equipped with SKYACTIV® TECHNOLOGY. At our dealership, you can compare Mazda vehicles and take advantage of a wide variety of monthly specials.